Friends of Salem
The Friends of Salem Association ("Vereinigung der Förderer der Schule Schloss Salem e.V.") has been supporting the educational mission at Salem, as formulated by Kurt Hahn, since 1925. The association supports projects that cannot be financed through the regular school budget but offer significant educational benefit to students in the present and future.
Examples of the projects supported in recent years include:
- Major building projects and renovations: Salem Sports Field and Salem's Schrote
- In classrooms: microscopes, robotic kits, binoculars, author readings, reference books
- Salem's service groups: fire brigade truck, rescue boat, tents, defibrillators, first aid colls, folding cots
- Sports instruction and outdoor education: beach volleyball court, fitness room, kayaks, sport jerseys, tents
- Art and cultural activities: concert piano, drum kit, cajónes, e-book readers, stage curtain
- In artisan workshops: carpentry benches, saws, sewing machines, photography equipment and digital cameras
- Travels and international excursions: Model United National conferences, Round Square travel grants, travel costs for scholarship holders
Let's Get Together!
The association is not only about gather donations. Sharing experiences, keeping up to date with alumni, parents, former parents, and friends of Schule Schloss Salem plays an equally important role. This aspect is a vital part of our get-togethers -- at the members' meeting, the Night of Friends Jazz Evening and at the traditional Christmas Dinner.
Donating With Pleasure - And Enjoying Yourself!
You too can support Salem's students by becoming a member of the Friends of Salem Association and enjoying being part of a community of alumni, parents, former parents and friends of the school. Decisions regarding the allocation of funds is made annually at the members' meeting.
Become a member, too, and support us.
Friends of Salem Association - Vereinigung der Förderer der Schule Schloss Salem e.V.
Vorsitz: Oliver Fischer und Ingo Lenßen
Geschäftsstelle: Britta Lebherz
Schloss Salem | Schlossbezirk 1
Telefon: +49 (0) 7553 919 500
Fax: +49 (0) 7553 919 380
Send an Email